Vacancy Notice No: IARC/12/FT289
Title: Press Officer
Contract type: Fixed-Term Appointment
Duration of contract: 2 years - Extra-budgetary position initially established for a limited duration of two years. Any extension subject to availability of extra-budgetary funding.
Date: 17 July 2012
Application Deadline: 16 September 2012
(59 day(s) until closing deadline)
Currently accepting applications
Duty Station: Lyons, France
Organization unit: IARC (IARC) Office of the Director (DIR)/Communications Group (COM)
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME :
The Communications (COM) Group forms an integral part of the Director’s Office and is responsible for the presentation of a homogeneous image of all aspects of IARC work to the scientific community, the media, and the general public.
Description of duties:
Under the supervision of IARC’s Communications Group Head, the work includes developing, planning and executing media and public relation products, tools and services to inform general and specialized publics about IARC programs, activities and accomplishments by:
- implementing IARC’s media strategy in support of the COM strategy,
- generating regular corporate public relations and communication products including information for events, information for electronic media, and hard media,
- suggesting approaches for disseminating coherent, organization-wide and rapid responses and statements on Agency positions,
- creating and posting content for podcasts, press releases, webinars or social media networking platforms - working in close collaboration with the Institutional Webmaster,
- assists in developing contacts and relationships with media representatives,
- facilitating the dissemination of agency and program information through the mass media, e.g. by writing press releases, organizing events including press conferences, open days and press tours, and designing global campaigns to enable the public to better understand IARC’s role,
- monitoring, analyzing and reporting on coverage of IARC in the media and its impact,
- ensuring the dissemination of the EXPOsOMICS project findings through: engaging European stakeholders via regular updates and dissemination results; using a variety of modern communications tools (web-based, social media, etc.); participating in key meetings of EXPOSOMICS partners.
- performing any other related duties as requested by supervisor.
Essential: Journalism degree from a recognized University.
Desirable: Formal training in communications, media relations or public relations.