Finance Officer, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Organization: Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE)
City: Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Office: OSCE Office in Tajikistan
Closing date: Tuesday, 25 August 2020
Issued by: OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe
Vacancy number: VNTAJP00699
Vacancy type: International Contracted
Field of expertise: Budget and Finance
Number of posts: 1
Duty station: Dushanbe
Date of issue: 30 April 2020
Deadline for application: 25 August 2020 - 23: 59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
The OSCE has a comprehensive approach to security that encompasses politico-military, economic and environmental, and human aspects. It therefore addresses a wide range of security-related concerns, including arms control, confidence- and security-building measures, human rights, combating human trafficking, national minorities, democratization, policing strategies, counter-terrorism and economic and environmental activities. All 57 participating States enjoy equal status, and decisions are taken by consensus on a politically, but not legally binding basis.
The OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe promotes the implementation of OSCE principles and commitments, as well as the co-operation of the Republic of Tajikistan within the OSCE framework in all three dimensions. It is involved in a wide range of activities, ranging from counter-terrorism and border management projects to supporting cross-border markets and free economic zones, human rights, media development, and legal reform initiatives.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Administration and Finance (CFA) and the overall supervision of the Head of Mission (Fund Manager), should you be selected you will manage the Finance Unit, assist in the control of financial operations and ensure that internal control systems are implemented. More specifically, you will be responsible for:
1. Ensuring the proper application of Financial Regulations, Rules and Instructions as well as Oracle procedures and that all obligations are recorded and payment vouchers prepared for approval accordingly; briefing local and international staff on the application and interpretation of the above;
2. Assisting in the preparation and submission of the Office’s annual Programme Outline and the Unified Budget proposal;
3. Preparing periodic financial reports for internal use and for submission to the OSCE Secretariat and for external use (donors, delegations and external auditors);
4. Advising on appropriate banking arrangements and cash replenishment management;
5. Monitoring budgetary expenditures (both unified and extra-budgetary contributions), ensuring that funds are in balance and expenditures do not exceed approved allotments; implementing necessary corrections and budget adjustments;
6. Maintaining working relations on financial issues with relevant units in the Secretariat, co-ordinating all matters related to extra-budgetary contributions and implementing recommendations of OSCE internal and external auditors;
7. Managing and supervising a team of professional staff members and assistants;
8. Performing other related duties such as deputizing for the supervisor, as required.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe, please see: //www.osce.org/programme-office-in-dushanbe‘>http: //www.osce.org/programme-office-in-dushanbe
Citizenship of an OSCE participating State, excluding citizenship of the Republic of Tajikistan;
First-level university degree in finance, accounting, business administration or economics, supplemented by additional courses in finance/accounting;
Certification from a recognized professional accountancy body, such as Certified Public Accountants or Chartered Accountants would be desirable;
A minimum of four years of professional experience in accounting, finance or budget, including two years in an international organization and some experience in an inter-governmental, governmental or commercial organization;
Experience in the use of computer applications, such as word processing, spreadsheets and databases;
Knowledge and experience of using ERP applications such as Oracle or SAP would be desirable;
Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
Professional fluency in English and Russian with good drafting skills; working knowledge of the local language or other OSCE working languages would be an asset;
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds whilst maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
A valid driving license and ability to drive vehicles using manual transmission.
Monthly remuneration subject to social security deductions is about US$ 3,991.25 to which is added Board and Lodging Allowance (currently EUR 129 per day subject to change without prior notice). Social benefits will include possibility of participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
How To Apply
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those applicants who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see //www.osce.org/participating-states‘>https: //www.osce.org/participating-states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
The OSCE is a non-career organization committed to the principle of staff rotation, therefore the maximum period of service in this post is 7 years.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.