Assistant (Pension), Geneva, Switzerland
Organization: World Health Organization (WHO)
City: Geneva, Switzerland
Office: WHO Geneva, Switzerland
Closing date: Wednesday, 28 October 2020
( 2002797 )
Grade : G4
Contractual Arrangement : Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days) : 12 months
Job Posting: Oct 7, 2020, 1:06:10 PM
The Pension Unit is responsible for the administration of all pension fund matters within WHO including tasks related to the advisory and governance matters of the WHO Staff Pension Committee, processing of separation files of participants, validations, restorations, transfers, leave without pay and briefings to participants on their pension options and benefits.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The incumbent performs the following duties under the supervision of senior team members and of Head, PEN (WHO SPC Secretary) : (1) Reconciles contributions against contributory service history to determine benefits and options. Verifies break in service, leave without pay, part-time employment, validation and restoration elections.
(2) Prepares benefit estimates and gives guidance to participants on the different benefit options.
(3) Verifies dependents and personal status against supporting documents.
(4) Obtains, compiles and verifies all payment instructions and other required forms.
(5) Initiates Separation Notification and flowcharts.
(6) Completes the clearance process and creates element entries as required into the GSM.
(7) Coordinates with participant, GSC Payroll, Pension and HR, Finance, United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund and its member organizations, Regional and Country Offices or other stakeholders to obtain, clarify and provide information required to verify the participant’s data or resolve particular issues. Issues follow-up communications as necessary through completion.
(8) Manages Leave Without Pay requests, prepares estimates and corresponds with participant on amount due and repayment schedules; initiates all actions and element entries in the GSM to process contributions; monitors payments made by participant, reconciles contributions at the end of the LWOP and clears the participant’s account; records LWOP in the PENSYS for further reporting to the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund.
(9) Reviews any Pension Exception reports while reconciling contributions, initiating and reporting adjustments as appropriate in the participants‘ records and verifying accuracy against year-end Pension Schedules.
(10) Participates in the helpdesk pension activities according to established schedule and during colleagues planned or unplanned absences.
(11) Drafts attestations.
(12) Raises journal vouchers.
(13) Handles independently daily routine queries via e-mails, telephone, mail and individual consultations in a timely manner within the delegated authority. (14) Maintains absolute confidentiality on all pension matters and pension records.
(15) Back-up for functions of post number HQ.345386.
(16) Performs other related duties as required or instructed to take into consideration seasonal core activities.
Essential: Completion of secondary school or its equivalent accounting or commercial school.
Desirable: Accounting certificate and higher education an advantage.
Essential: At least three years‘ experience in a similar administrative position
Desirable: Practical experience within WHO or UN in the administration of pension/social benefits and/or other UN benefits, including accounting.
Overall attitude at work.
Knowledge of UNJSPF pension administration and related procedures;
Ability to work efficiently in a team under pressure and to meet individual and group objectives;
Sound judgement, integrity, tact and discretion;
Demonstrated use of initiative and ability to make appropriate linkages in work processes and anticipate next steps;
Speaks and writes clearly and effectively;
Listens to others;
Client service oriented.
Moving forward in a changing environment
Setting an example
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Intermediate knowledge of French.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at CHF 68,740 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
Tags elections payroll
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
A written test may be used as a form of screening.
In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
WHO’s workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.