Project Assistant, Ashgabat, Turkmenistan
Organization: Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE)
City: Ashgabat, Turkmenistan
Office: OSCE Centre in Ashgabat
Closing date: Tuesday, 2 February 2021
The majority of positions in OSCE field operations are filled by secondment, which means that individuals are nominated by their respective OSCE participating State. In addition, a limited number of seconded positions are available at the OSCE Secretariat and the institutions.
OSCE Centre in Ashgabat
Vacancy number VNTURG00127 Vacancy type Local Contracted Field of expertise General Administration Grade G5 Number of posts 1 Duty station Ashgabat Date of issue 12 January 2021 Deadline for application 2 February 2021 - 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST) Date of entry on duty 15 February 2021
OSCE Centre in Ashgabat
The incumbent will assist in implementing the project activities on a daily basis and plans or conducts activities and drafting the Project’s progress report on a quarterly basis as well as providing clerical and administrative support to assist in the implementation of the project, including liaising with the FAU. She/he will collect and provide inputs to drafting ExB project proposals and project budgets and support the National Project Officer in preparing monthly activity reports and quarterly project reports. The incumbent will provide substantive support to conducting the project’s meetings/trainings/workshops for law enforcement agencies. The incumbent will carry the work related to procurement, asset management, customs clearance, and travel related to the project. He/she will also be responsible for maintaining the knowledge based systematic project documentation under direct guidance of the Project Manager and National Project Officer.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Duties: 1. Provides assistance in the administrative aspects required for the organization of the project training activities. This includes organization and coordination of meetings with local partners, venues for training, booking premises, organizing the logistics, booking tickets, hotel rooms, etc.
2. Following market research and identification of needs for equipment, initiates the procurement of equipment for the implementation of project activities, prepares the specifications for tenders when required, raises PR for procurement, record the assets in inventory and enters data into the system, and collaborates with the Fund Administration Unit;
3. Provides substantive support to conducting the project’s meetings/trainings/workshops for law enforcement agencies by making necessary logistical and organizational arrangements;
4. Collects and provides inputs to drafting ExB project proposals and project budgets;
5. Supports the National Project Officer in preparing monthly activity reports and quarterly progress reports;
6. Collects and provides information for project, provides inputs to ExB project proposal, establishing the project’s budgets;
7. Facilitates the participation of government officials (representative of the State Border Service of Turkmenistan and other law enforcement agencies of Turkmenistan) in the ExB project events by providing administrative and logistical support (visa, background information, professional and technical advice) and reviewing the feedback received from the participants;
8. Prepares the standard and routine correspondence including Diplomatic Notes and letters, taking appropriate follow-up actions and maintaining records and files;
9. Maintains contacts with the project beneficiaries, international development agencies working in this particular field and participates in the meetings with law enforcement agencies, taking notes and backstopping the Project Officer, when required;
10. Performs other duties as required.
Education: Completed secondary education supplemented by formal studies in administration or project management
Experience: Minimum four years of work experience in office administration, or project management, preferably with an international organization. Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft applications Languages: Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Russian and in the local language.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deduction, is EUR 987 (12 times a year). OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation in Turkmenistan. Social benefits will include possibility of participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE’s online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment. The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please note that this vacancy is open only for competition of Turkmenistan citizens. Please note the OSCE is an equal opportunity employer, female candidates are encourage to apply.