Senior Procurement Specialist, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Organization: The World Bank
City: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Office: World Bank in Buenos Aires, Argentina
Closing date: Thursday, 4 February 2021
Senior Procurement Specialist
Job #: req10598
Organization: World Bank
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Location: Buenos Aires,Argentina
Required Language(s): Spanish; English
Preferred Language(s): Closing Date: 2/4/2021 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
Background / General description:
Our institution is organized around global practices (GP) grouped in sectors. The Governance GP helps developing countries build capable, efficient, open, inclusive and accountable institutions that can support economic growth, reduce poverty, deliver needed services and earn the confidence of citizens. More information: https://www.worldbank.org/en/topic/governance.
The Global Directorate for Procurement (EPRDR) is part of Governance GP and convenes a leading group of practitioners focused on advancing cutting-edge practices and innovations in the field of procurement.
The Latin America and Caribbean Region (LAC) Procurement Unit (ELCRU) seeks to recruit a Senior Procurement Specialist. The position is based in Buenos Aires, Argentina and provides support to the Bank operational portfolio in Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay. This position is geared to assisting the World Bank staff and the Governments of region in implementing World Bank-financed and administered programs by providing procurement support, advice, guidance and oversight. The procurement team (i) works closely with clients to support the development of their public procurement systems and (ii) ensures that procurement under Bank-financed projects is conducted in accordance with loan agreements and fiduciary standards and obligations. For that purpose, the procurement team provides services to internal and external Clients and is responsible for procurement-related work concerning project preparation, implementation support and project supervision. The team is also responsible for providing procurement input to Economic and Sector Work (ESW). The Senior Procurement Specialist will be a member of the team that provides services to the Latin American and Caribbean Region, with a primary focus on the LC7 Country Management Unit (CMU), and to the various Global Practices which finance investment, development policy and Program-for-Results operations in Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay. The Procurement Specialist reports to the Practice Manager, who delegates coordination responsibilities to the Procurement Coordinator for LCC7.
Scope of Work:
* Work independently on any procurement matter in specific sectors seeking guidance from the Practice Manager, as appropriate.
* Employ appropriate methodologies for handling simple and complex procurement tasks and/or issues working across countries/sectors. Responsible for reviewing and handling technical, commercial and legal aspects of procurement (in consultation with Legal and Policy departments as necessary) at all stages of the project cycle. This includes analysis of systemic and other procurement issues, procurement planning, design, implementation and management, and training.
* Provide operational advice to clients and Bank staff on concepts, policies and procedures for international and local procurement.
* Participate in missions as sole procurement expert on complex projects; assesses procurement implications of project design, evaluates institutional capacity of borrowers and develops suitable procurement plans.
* Participate in country procurement assessments, prepare background analysis, collaborate on developing appropriate public procurement legislation and practices and tailors‘ instruments to meet specific client needs.
* Negotiate and resolve difficult procurement issues with Borrower agencies and handle questions/complaints from senior officials and contractors on bidding and award issues.
* Design and conduct workshops to educate procurement professionals in the Bank and in borrower agencies on the Bank’s philosophy and approach to procurement. As well as the rationale of its policy framework, relevant procedures and processes, and on specialized procurement topics.
var boomerang_ip ="126.96.36.199"var boomerang_ip ="188.8.131.52"var boomerang_ip ="184.108.40.206"var boomerang_ip ="220.127.116.11"var boomerang_ip ="18.104.22.168"var boomerang_ip ="22.214.171.124"var boomerang_ip ="126.96.36.199"var boomerang_ip ="188.8.131.52"var boomerang_ip ="184.108.40.206"
* Master’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent qualification relevant to this position. * Minimum of eight (8) years of direct relevant professional experience in procurement and contract management.
* Excellent oral and written communications skills in Spanish/English, independently preparing a variety of written outputs and editing technical reports.
* Solid understanding of the concepts, principles, and practices governing international procurement, with the ability to translate concepts into operational work, including but not limited to VFM, sustainable procurement, strategic sourcing, market analysis, contract management, etc.
* Understanding of State-of-the-art knowledge of public procurement principles, systems, process and planning, legal frameworks and institutions and approaches to international procurement.
* Good understanding of critical linkages and relationships among clients‘ business drivers, business operations and objectives and Procurement processes.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, and ability to work in teams in a multi-cultural environment.
* Ability to deal sensitively and diplomatically with internal/external contacts at all levels; work independently, prioritizing work, taking initiative, and solving problems; adapt to changing business needs by continuous learning/training.
* Recognized ability to exercise good judgment and in handling confidential and sensitive information.
* Demonstrate ability to function under time pressure and handle multiple tasks in a fast- paced environment of changing priorities, with initiative and resourcefulness.
* Excellent administrative, organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Knowledge of technology skills, particularly in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Note: Applicants must be able to travel frequently.
The World Bank Group Core Competencies: https://bit.ly/2kbIA7Ovar boomerang_ip ="220.127.116.11"var boomerang_ip ="18.104.22.168"var boomerang_ip ="22.214.171.124"var boomerang_ip ="126.96.36.199"
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.