National Individual Contractor Social Media IT Girls Initiative, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
City: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Office: UNICEF Office for Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo
Closing date: Tuesday, 23 February 2021
National Individual Contractor Social Media, IT Girls Initiative, UNICEF BiH (for BiH nationals only), part-time, Feb-Nov 2021 (80 working days)
Job no: 537977
Position type: Consultancy
Location: Bosnia and Herz Division/Equivalent: CEE/CIS
School/Unit: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Department/Office: Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzegovina
Categories: Communication / External Relations, Consultancy
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Equal Opportunities
Building on previous interventions supported by UNDP, UNICEF and UN Women since 2015, IT Girls is a joint UN initiative that aims to bridge the digital gender gap and promotes equal opportunities for girls and boys in education and access to technology. Through the promotion of gender equality and human rights, adolescent girls aged 13-25 will benefit from advanced and targeted interventions aimed at raising their knowledge and awareness about the importance of including them in the field of ICT (Information and Communication Technology), which is needed to build a stronger and more skilled labour force in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BIH), but also to build their competitiveness and digital literacy in an increasingly digitalized world. By increasing girls‘ confidence, pitching skills, and networking, adolescent girls will be able to continue to participate in a meaningful way in this sector by meeting girls from different parts of the country and strengthening their networking and confidence through mentorship, summer/winter schools, etc. In this way, girls will become more empowered and increase their resilience to exploitation, abuse and risks. IT Girls includes a strong focus on girls living in poverty, in rural areas, or otherwise at risk. By involving schools and teachers in these interventions, IT Girls aims to strengthen the sustainability of this ongoing initiative, by anchoring it in the education system as much as possible. IT Girls also aims to involve men and boys, parents, teachers and the private sector to realize activities which will contribute to providing more awareness and opportunities for girls to gain IT skills and increasing the awareness and knowledge of opportunities and benefits of IT for women and girls. IT Girls aims to scale up activities, strengthen systems, generate further outreach into more vulnerable and deprived communities, in this way complementing the ongoing work of the three UN agencies in broader thematic areas such as social inclusion, education, and skills building.
How can you make a difference?
Purpose of the Assignment and Major Tasks to be accomplished:
For the purpose of supporting the IT Girls team members, delegated by all three UN agencies respectively, the contractor will be engaged to support the effective implementation of the project activities, applying her/his communication and social media expertise in assuring high quality content production and social media outreach towards the target groups and relevant stakeholders.
With guidance from the IT Girls Project Coordinator and overall supervision of the UNICEF Education Specialist, the core duties and responsibilities of the Social Media Contractor will be the following: - Design IT Girls communication strategy
- Prepare and run a social media content calendar
- Strategize, design and execute production of social media content, including social media campaigns as per the Project plan
- Draft, edit and post engaging content for IT Girls social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
- Liaise with the team members and external contractors in preparing and publishing multimedia written and video content
- Coordinate and update the content on IT Girls website
- Track social media and website data and optimize content based on the metrics, best practices and platform insights
- Participate in weekly team meetings and relevant team planning sessions
- Support the team members in data gathering and report writing
- Liaise with videographers and designers to ensure the content is optimized for social media publishing
- Contribute to IT Girls branding as a joint initiative and build further the public image of IT Girls initiative
The Individual Contractor will be engaged by UNICEF BiH Country Office. The Individual Contractor will work under the direct supervision of the UNICEF Education Specialist and guidance from the IT Girls Project Coordinator.
Estimated duration of contract and Tentative Dates
Duration: up to 80 working days within the period February 2021 - November 2021, approximately 8 working days per month.
Home-based with foreseeable travel in Bosnia and Herzegovina depending on the epidemiological circumstances.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- A university degree in journalism, marketing, or other relevant field
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in creating and managing social media content
- Demonstrated experience with major social media platforms including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Twitter
- Previous experience in copywriting, including published articles and/or blogs, will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of social media analytics, such as Facebook/Instagram/Twitter insights to track audience engagement and campaign performance
- Creativity and willingness to learn and adapt
- Excellent writing skills in both local and English language
- Experience with photo and video editing tools highly desirable (Adobe Package, Canva or similar)
- Previous experience in the field of girls‘ education and women’s entrepreneurship will be considered an asset
- Familiarity with the UN system
For every Child, you demonstrate:
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results and core competencies:
Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness
Works Collaboratively with others
Tags bosnia and herzegovina communication technology competitiveness entrepreneurship human rights journalism rural areas social inclusion videographer women and girls
Builds and Maintains Partnerships
Innovates and Embraces Change
Thinks and Acts Strategically
Drives to achieve impactful results
Manages ambiguity and complexity
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Please submit your application along with lump sum financial offer stated in BAM or USD.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered "staff members" under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
Advertised: Feb 09 2021 Singapore Standard Time Application close: Feb 23 2021 Singapore Standard Time