IT Operations Assistant (Service Desk) SSA4 - Kabul, Kabul, Afghanistan
Organization: United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
City: Kabul, Afghanistan
Office: World Food Programme (WFP) Kabul
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is well known for its ability to deliver food assistance rapidly to people in need. To continue responding effectively to challenging contexts while also contributing to longer-term efforts to end hunger, WFP’s Strategic Plan focuses on better understanding of national food and nutrition security challenges and reshaping its engagement through support to national safety nets and social protection systems, to help host governments with their hunger-fighting strategies.
At this level, the job holder typically have dependent responsibilities. He/she reports to and work under direct supervision of Senior IT Associate (Service Desk Manager) or the designate. Job holders work in a team and are expected to produce organized and accurate technical work.
To perform a variety of moderately complex information technology support duties to ensure smooth delivery of technology services. Monitors, operates or coordinates and assists others in the operation of computer hardware, software, and peripherals in order to achieve desired results.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Provide end-user technical support aligns with the ICT Service Desk roster list. - Provide technical support to the remote offices within Afghanistan. - Close coordination with the ICT team on daily bases, and weekends if needed. - Close follow-up if any end-user support is needed, network maintenance and activity during working hours, after working hours, and in weekends if needed. - Close follow-up with Service Desk and coordination with SCOPE, Telecom, Electricity on daily bases.
Visit/Survey, Support United Nation Humanitarian Air Service (UNHAS), Warehouse (WH) end-users and weekly maintenance of all server rooms, bunkers, conference rooms and accommodation building.
- Install, configure, and setup WFP standard package for end user’s computer. - Make sure all ICT services are running on daily bases. - Visit UNHAS, Field Offices (FO) & WH for ICT support and make sure all services are running with reporting the issue to the second level of service desk if any. - Carry out weekly check-up all bunkers, accommodation buildings, conference rooms, printers/copier machines in all buildings regarding ICT equipment status. - Survey and check of International staffs‘ accommodation’s internet connection, Wifi signals, maintenance of network devices as per Service Desk Roster schedule. - Provide HF, VHF and satellite phone-related support. - Provide support for PABX issues.
Make sure 97% User/Client Management Support process are on track and document/filling management system is appropriately managed in the online filling system, moreover, make sure all groups are up to date:
- Regular & Daily check of Afghanistan CO page on GLASS platform. - Regular update to all WFP Afghanistan distribution lists/mailing groups. - Undertake essential monitoring and troubleshooting of server systems to ensure a consistent delivery of IT services to staff. - Respond to any technical and operational level queries and provide support accordingly. - Carry-out system and equipment maintenance tasks, such as system backup, system protection and system security. - Receive and inspect all incoming assets and report discrepancies in IT materials inventory to senior colleagues to ensure materials are effectively tracked.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (Continues)
Monitor WFP Corporate Apps, system security, and make sure all systems are up to date and complied with WFP security policy:
- As per the schedule/roster visit WH/Fleet & UNHAS for provision of ICT support. - Check all client computers for the newest version of Windows Update, ATP defender antivirus and other updates. - Check and report any unauthorized/harmful software on client computers. - Provide effective ICT support to WFP Corporate Apps (WINGS II, E-mail, network, SharePoint...) and orientation to end-users. - Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
Point of Contact to Vendors and Companies:
- Being a focal point for any printers, copier machines, and new copiers related issues with the contracted vendors. - In case of downtime on the internet, contact to ISP support and follow up. - The survey should include weekly surveys of printers, copier machines, and plotters to check if the print, copy, and scan is working fine if the device is old and requires replacing after a complete survey and fixing the comprehensive report line manager. - Creating the security clearance form for the visitor and technical person who are coming to the office.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: University Degree in Computer Sciences (Bachelor Degree equivalent)
Certification: Must have completed one of the following:
Experience: At least four (4) years of progressively responsible work experience in ICT including experience resolving service desk frontline ICT issues;
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language, plus Pashto and/or Dari, preferably both.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Position Title: IT Operations Assistant (Service Desk)
Grade: Special Service Agreement - Level 4 (SSA4)
Contract: Special Service Agreement (SSA) - 6 months
Duty Station/travel: Kabul, Afghanistan with travel inside Afghanistan
Salary: Competitive remuneration package
Medical Plan: International valid medical plan valid also for staff, spouse and dependents children under 18 years
Annual leave: 24 day per annum
WFP Work Environment
WFP is committed to ensuring that all its workplaces are free from abuse, offensive behaviour, harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. WFP is also committed to promoting a work culture in which every employee understands, and is able to carry out, his/her personal responsibilities for maintaining the dignity of work colleagues. WFP seeks to promote gender equality and the empowerment of women. We believe our mission of fighting global hunger worldwide can only be achieved if women, men, girls and boys are offered equal opportunities in terms of access to resources and services and participation in decision making roles.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Sunday, 28 March 2021
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Link to the organization’s job offer: https://unjobs.org/vacancies/1615748194323