Senior Financial Officer, Washington, United States
Organization: The World Bank
Country: United States
Office: World Bank in Washington, United States
Closing date: Friday, 17 September 2021
Senior Financial Officer
Job #: req12937
Organization: World Bank
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: International Recruitment
Location: Washington, DC,United States
Required Language(s): English required
Preferred Language(s): Proficiency in other languages is desirable
Closing Date: 9/17/2021 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
The World Bank Treasury
Are you inspired by a global mission to end poverty? Do you want to build a career in finance with a global impact? The World Bank Treasury is one of the few places where you can be on the leading edge of finance as it sits at the only nexus of finance, innovation, and international development. We manage the institution’s finances to enable all World Bank operations and lending. Each year, we issue over $50 billion in bonds, prudently manage over $180 billion in assets, and process over $7 trillion in transactions.
Departments & Teams
Treasury has three departments and a compliance and controls team. Learn more about our organization: https://treasury.worldbank.org/en/about/unit/treasury/about/what-we-do.
With us, you won’t just work in financial markets: you’ll help create new ones.
The World Bank Treasury launched a global recruitment campaign to attract the best and brightest talent in the world. We encourage you to learn more about Treasury, organization, people and careers at https://treasury.worldbank.org/careers.
Poverty has no borders, and neither does excellence.
With employees based in Washington, Chennai, and Tokyo, the World Bank Treasury represents over 50 nationalities, and our leadership team hails from all regions of the world. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer. We have a dedicated and committed workforce and do not discriminate based on gender, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Learn more about Treasury’s greatest strength: its diverse and dedicated staff.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The Senior Financial Officer (Engagement Manager) works under the Reserves Management and Advisory Partnership (RAMP) Manager and guidance from Lead Financial Officers. Primary responsibilities will include the following activities: 1. Lead and facilitate client institutions to identify a set of annual capacity-building initiatives (each of which maps back to a generally defined set of key performance indicators) designed to support the continuous improvement of the reserve management staff capabilities, policies, and practices.
2. Assist in advancing individual initiatives at the client institutions and champion progress, with sensitivity to the norms and corporate culture of the clients.
3. Advise RAMP clients on the design and development of the investment policy, strategic asset allocation, and portfolio construction for various fixed-income and/or multi-asset class portfolios, based on applicable investment objectives and risk tolerance considerations.
4. Actively participate and collaborate in advisory engagements and workshops for clients, including the preparation and delivery of presentations, case studies, and policy notes.
5. Train client staff and provide technical briefings to the client investment committee on topics relating to governance, investment policy, strategic asset allocation, and risk management.
6. Liaise with colleagues in Treasury and other World Bank units to facilitate the delivery of technical assistance to clients.
7. Represent the World Bank and RAMP and cultivate collaborative relationships with the most senior-level representatives of the client institutions as well as asset management practitioners, opinion leaders, and external service providers.
8. Produce research reports and working papers on all issues relevant for public asset managers including on governance, strategic asset allocation, and investment asset management.
9.Provide analytical internal, corporate, and client reporting.
10. Significant international travel is required.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications: 1. Advanced degree(s) in relevant field of study, such as economic, finance, mathematics, financial economics, or financial engineering.
2. Eight years of relevant experience in a senior position at an official sector asset management entity or an international development organization, preferably with experience and responsibilities in the area of investment management and central bank operations.
3. Substantial knowledge and experience across a wide array of business, policy, and operational topics associated with investment management and ancillary areas, macroeconomic, fiscal, and monetary underpinnings of asset management at the sovereign level, a firm understanding of finance and portfolio theory, as well as a practitioner’s unique grasp of the key dimensions of the front, middle, and back-office aspects of a well-functioning asset management organization
4. Curiosity and proven interest and ability to perform research in areas of RAMP’s expertise
5. Publications in the broad areas of official asset management are a plus
6. Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and lead multiple projects simultaneously
7. Highest ethical standards
8. A high degree of self-motivation, a positive attitude, and the ability and drive to lead and collaborate in a team-based, multi-cultural work environment
9. Excellent and proven writing skills in English, as well as verbal skills to communicate complex and technical issues in simple terms
10. Fluency in other languages is highly desirable.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Link to the organization’s job offer: https://unjobs.org/vacancies/1629663800904