National Consultant, Public Relations, ExB SALW Project, Sarajevo
Organization: OSCE - Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Office: OSCE Sarajevo
Closing date: Wednesday, 8 March 2023
The OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina (the Mission) continues to play a vital role in strengthening the country’s ability to foster a sustainable and stable security environment, to strengthen Bosnia and Herzegovina’s governance, and to encourage its consolidation as a democratic society. The Mission supports political and education reform and works to promote and protect human rights of all citizens of BiH.
One of the aims of the BiH SALW Control Strategy and its National Action Plan is to raise citizen awareness on the legal framework regulating SALW possession and on the dangers/risks of using SALW. This is in order to reduce illicit possession and presence of SALW, ammunition and explosives, and to contribute to changing the "gun culture". There is also a need to improve awareness of, outreach to, and coordination between relevant institutions and bodies in BiH responsible for SALW and for arms control.
Objective of Assignment:
The Mission is seeking to engage a National Consultant to effectively support the BiH SALW Control Co-ordination Board (CCB) and the competent Working Group (1) to successfully implement the Monitoring and Evaluation Framework of the Guidelines for Enhancement of Inter-Institutional Communication and Outreach on SALW, (2) strengthen inter-institutional cooperation and dialogue, and (3) conduct outreach to local communities.
Duration of Assignment:
This is a national consultancy assignment with an expected duration of approximately 120 working days.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Through close liaising with the Project Implementation Team (PIT), the BiH SALW CCB, the competent Working Group, and LEAs‘ supervisors, the successful candidate will be tasked with the following duties: 1. Supporting the implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation Framework of the Guidelines for Enhancement of Inter-Institutional Communication and Outreach (10 days);
2. Supporting organisation of meetings for evaluation and transfer of knowledge and skills on implementation of the Framework (20 days);
3. Presenting to BiH SALW CCB best practice for successful implementation of the Framework (10 days);
4. Supporting organization of meetings with different target groups e.g. CSOs, local governments, academic and religious communities and citizens of BiH to discuss challenges posed by SALW, ammunition and explosives and ways to reduce the offer, demand and misuse of SALW, ammunition and explosives at the community level (30 days);
5. Defining evaluation/success criteria, measuring impact and conducting pre-, ongoing- and post-community outreaching monitoring and evaluation analyses (20 days);
6. Supporting the Working Group for Enhancement of Inter-Institutional Communication and Outreach for SALW Awareness Raising Activities in planning, co-ordinating and conducting SALW-awareness raising communication and outreach activities (10 days).
1. Deliverable: Agendas, minutes, participants‘ lists from the meetings Indicator: Timely prepared Timeframe: N/A 2. Deliverable: Report from assessment interviews on understanding of SALW issues in BiH Indicator: Clearly-presented findings, with actionable recommendations for BiH SALW CCB Timeframe: By 30 April 2024
3. Deliverable: Presentations and reports to BiH SALW CCB Indicator: Contain recommendations on increasing of SALW awareness in BiH; Four (4) presentations successfully delivered to BiH SALW CCB and the SALW ExB PIT Timeframe: During the course of the engagement.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-to-bosnia-and-herzegovina.
First-level university degree in journalism, communications, public relations, marketing, or another closely-related field;
A minimum of four (4) years of relevant professional work experience in public relations and /or communications;
Experience in implementing communications and outreach activities and monitoring and evaluation tools for evaluating/measuring success of communication and outreach activities;
Experience in awareness-raising/outreach campaigns related to prevention of violence and prevention of illegal possession, misuse and trafficking of SALW would be an asset;
Ability to provide a high-quality written assessment based on diverse official sources and inputs;
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including pronounced report writing ability;
Punctuality and ability to effectively multi-task and deliver results under tight deadlines;
Professional fluency in English and local languages with excellent communication (both oral and written) skills;
Computer literate with practical experience using Microsoft applications.
Remuneration will be based on the selected consultant’s/expert’s qualifications, experience, the tasks and deliverables for this position and in accordance with the OSCE established rates.
This position is open to citizens and permanent residents of Bosnia and Herzegovina only.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE’s online application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
Issued by: OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina
Requisition ID: BAH000010
Contract Type: Special Service Agreement (SSA) / Consultant
Grade: No grade
Job Level: Professional
Job Type: Consultant
Number of posts: 1
Location: BAH - OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo
Issue Date: Feb 15, 2023
Closing Date: Mar 8, 2023
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree (First-level university degree or equivalent)
Target Start Date: Apr 05, 2023
Link to the organization’s job posting: https://unjobs.org/vacancies/1676480839246