National Consultant, Anti-Corruption Strategy, Sarajevo
Organization: OSCE - Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Office: OSCE Sarajevo
Closing date: Wednesday, 8 March 2023
The OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina (the Mission) continues to play a vital role in strengthening the country’s ability to foster a sustainable and stable security environment, to strengthen Bosnia and Herzegovina’s governance, and to encourage its consolidation as a democratic society. The Mission supports political and education reform and works to promote and protect human rights of all citizens of BiH.
Assisting Bosnia and Herzegovina to deal with the issue of prevention of corruption by providing assistance in implementation of strategic documents has been one of the priorities of the OSCE Mission to BiH in past three years. Along with this support in implementation of strategic documents, OSCE Mission to BiH provides assistance to executive and legislative structures in their increase in capacity to work for the interest of citizens and accordingly achieve its stated policy goals.
Objective of Assignment:
The Mission is seeking to engage a National Consultant to develop an analysis on achievements related to the implementation of Republika Srpska Anti-Corruption Strategy 2018-2022.
Duration of Assignment:
This is a national consultancy assignment with an expected duration of approximately 12 working days.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be tasked with the following duties: 1. Familiarising himself/herself with the objective of the ToR;
2. (Inception phase) Drafting methodology framework/concept of the Analysis and submit to the OSCE and Republika Srpska Ministry of Justice (Department for implementation of AC Strategy) for commenting. The concept should include people/institutions/teams that will be contacted and documents analysed;
3. Defining the scope of the analysis that should cover evaluation criteria and strategic goals from the former (expired) Strategy, detecting implemented, non-implemented and activities in progress;
4. Analysing existing reports in order to determine the value of implemented processes and achievements of activities that derive from RS Strategic document;
5. Drafting assessment of the previous RS AC Strategy 2018-2022 emphasizing achievements, values and effects of implemented Strategic document, with a goal to obtain as clear and precise framework for the process of development of the new AC Strategy;
6. Developing first draft of the Analysis and submit to the OSCE and Republika Srpska Ministry of Justice (Department for implementation of AC Strategy) for comments;
7. Based on the Analysis, defining obstacles in implementation of short and long-term goals and recommendations for overcoming them in the next AC Strategic document;
8. Developing final Analysis;
9. Presenting the Analysis to the Republika Srpska Ministry of Justice (Department for implementation of AC Strategy) that is tasked with the development of a new AC Strategic document.
Analysis on achievements related to the implementation of Republika Srpka Anti-Corruption Strategy 2018-2022.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-to-bosnia-and-herzegovina.
University degree in relevant field preferably criminalistics, law or political science. Post graduate education is an advance;
Extensive knowledge of the topic and 8 years of experience in the BiH governance system and professional experience in the field of anti-corruption;
Excellent knowledge in the area of the anti-corruption;
Knowledge and experience related to the projects conducted by civil society organisations and state/public institutions in BiH,
Advanced communication and presentation skills;
Good knowledge in using online platforms to deliver trainings;
Professional fluency in English and local languages with excellent communication (both oral and written) skills;
Computer literate with practical experience using Microsoft applications.
Remuneration will be based on the selected consultant’s/expert’s qualifications, experience, the tasks and deliverables for this position and in accordance with the OSCE established rates.
This position is open to citizens and permanent residents of Bosnia and Herzegovina only.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE’s online application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
Issued by: OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina
Requisition ID: BAH000011
Contract Type: Special Service Agreement (SSA) / Consultant
Grade: No grade
Job Level: Professional
Job Type: Consultant
Number of posts: 1
Location: BAH - OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo
Issue Date: Feb 28, 2023
Closing Date: Mar 8, 2023
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree (First-level university degree or equivalent)
Job Field: Democratization
Target Start Date: Apr 05, 2023
Link to the organization’s job posting: https://unjobs.org/vacancies/1677594348886