Closing date: Monday, 4 June 2018
Human Resources Officer - ( 1802111 )
Grade : P3
Contractual Arrangement : Fixed-term appointment
Contract duration : One Year
Job Posting : May 14, 2018, 5:39:26 PM
Closing Date : Jun 4, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Primary Location : South Sudan-Juba
Organization : AF_SSD South Sudan
Schedule : Full-time
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The Country Support Unit (CSU) has been established to provide administrative and operational support to facilitate Programmes implementation as well as empower Managers and Staff to fully assume their roles and responsibilities in the GSM environment, and to ensure compliance with WHO Policies, Procedures, Rules and Regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system - the Global Management System (GSM).
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
1. Provide HR policy advisory services to managers and staff, and advise on interpretation and application of HR Policies, Regulations and Rules to guide Management actions and decisions
2. Coordinate HR services delivery within the Country Office; manage and supervise the HR function ensuring that the HR Unit functions efficiently and effectively; build the capacity of the HR team to respond timely and professionally to the HR needs of managers and staff members
3. Participate and provide support to Programme Managers in the preparation of HR Plans and Budgets, and manage the implementation of approved HR Plans to support normal Country Office operations as well as emergency preparedness, response and recovery activities within allocated timeframes and budgets. Provide HR inputs in the programme and budget development process in the WCO.
4. Coordinate all position management actions including reviewing and validating of Post Descriptions, creation/establishment of new positions and update of existing positions in the HR Plan; ensuring positions are classified/revised/reclassified as appropriate and made ready for appointment or reassignment;
5. Manage the recruitment, selection, pre-boarding and on-boarding processes for staff, consultants, Special Service Agreement, interns, etc., through Stellis, in a transparent and competitive manner, leading to timely sourcing, selection and placement of required talent. For emergencies, coordinate with the Regional Office and HQ WHE HR Units the sourcing and outreach efforts, roster management, targeted sourcing, use of stand-by partners, technical networks, NGOs, UNVs and FMTs; ensuring speedy deployment of the right staff and international responders, in the right place, at the right time. Provide orientation and induction support for all new employees, ensuring that they receive the needed assistance to settle down to their jobs; oversee completion of mandatory trainings. Brief new employees on their benefits and entitlements based on their contractual status.