The Wiener Zeitung is the Media Company and the Official Publisher of the Republic of Austria.
Based on its 315-year history the Wiener Zeitung stands today for
- legally secured publication and
- announcement of economic and financial-related information,
- journalistic quality,
- innovative digital concepts and products as well as for
- legal information and civil service.
In its legal status as a limited company it is a corporation and is represented by the Federal Chancellery in 100-percent ownership of the Republic of Austria (Editor).
CEO: Martin Fleischhacker, MSc
Editor in Chief: Dr. Walter Hämmerle
- The Wiener Zeitung is a non-party, multimedia newspaper. It sees itself as an author newspaper with full coverage from different walks of life.
- The Wiener Zeitung as a still owned by the Republic media is committed to the principles set out in the Austrian Federal Constitution the rule of law, in particular of parliamentary democracy and diversity of opinion and to the European integration.
- She is also a high-quality reporting, committed in safeguarding the equidistance to all parties and social partners.
- The editors acting independently and free from any outside influence from individuals, political parties, companies, institutions, public institutions, lobbies and interest groups as well as religious and ideologically oriented groups.
T. +43 1 206 99-476